Are you looking for the easiest ways to add stats dashboard to your WordPress? In this post, you may find out how people can find you and use your website to attract the viewership.
Why Stats Dashboard is a must-have in Dashboard?
You may view reports by signing in to Google Analytics after installing it. But most people don’t check stats on daily basis. The main reason is that you need to login to another website to check your blog stats. To find what you want, you need to get around Analytics.
Are you looking for the best WordPress theme for travel blog? Choose EightyDays.
Despite being a powerful tool, Google Analytics still need some work to get the proper report you like to see. A lot of beginners are failed to make it so far. This problem can be fixed by adding stats dashboard to your website. You can view stats which matter without having to leave admin area of your WordPress. Here’s how to add stats dashboard on your site. You may also like our guide to add interactive travel maps to your WordPress.
Steps to Add Stats Dashboard
- First of all, install MonsterInsights plugin and activate.
- Once activated, go to Insights > Settings and enter license key which is available in your account that you have created in official MonsterInsights website.
- Connect your site to Google Analytics. Visit Insights > Settings to get it done and click on the button “Authenticate with your Google account.”
- You can be redirected to Google accounts where you can sign in or choose Google account if you are signed in already.
- Click “Next” to continue.
- Allow “MonsterInsights” to access Google Analytics so it can bring back the report to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on “Allow” button.
- Choose profile you want to target.0 Choose your website and click “Complete Authentication” to continue.
- It will take you back to WordPress site.
This is all you need to do to install and setup Google Analytics successfully on your WordPress site. If Google Analytics is not installed on your site yet, it can take some time before it shows your stats. You can also optimize your site with Premium SEO Pack for WordPress.
Viewing Stats Dashboard
Now that Google Analytics has been installed with MonsterInsights, you can view your stats by going to Insights > Reports page.
You can see the graph of page views and sessions of visitors over the past month on the top of stats dashboard. This way, you can have quick insight of incoming traffic to the blog.
You can compare website stats over the over the past 30 days, which will show page views counter, number of sessions, bounce rate, and duration of session.
Thereafter, you can see charts which are showing returning vs. new visitors and what devices are used to access website. It also shows the top countries where you are getting most visits and top referral sites you are getting most traffic from.
You can also use MonsterInsights which also shows the most popular pages and posts and pageview counter. You can easily find the best performing content to plan your own strategy.