Platforms like WordPress have made it easier for anyone to start a blog. Well, once it is up and started running, bringing more traffic to your website or blog is the next big challenge for you. Luckily, you don’t have to be a marketing expert to improve your blog. You can significantly boost your blog traffic and get more visitors with some best practices. Here, we are going to learn some of the tested and best tactics to improve your blog traffic as an experienced marketer.
This article is not like other articles teaching you the tips to grow blog traffic. Here, we are just going to share some tips that are tried and tested to improve web traffic to millions of views per month. It is a complete blog traffic guide so you can make a proven traffic strategy to improve your business. So let’s get started.
Use Proven SEO Tactics on your website
SEO involves best and proven practices to make your website more Google-friendly. There is also no rocket science to be an SEO expert to optimize your website. Irrespective of the common belief, anyone can optimize their website without having to hire an expert. There are lots of SEO plugins and tools and step-by-step guides you can use. We recommend you to use Premium SEO Pack for WordPress. It is the complete SEO and optimization tool.
Write Catchy Titles
Article title is the first thing a user comes across when they find your content in RSS feeds or search engines. An attractive title of your blog post gets more clicks and stands out. A boring or plain headline is ignored and users would like to scroll over it. So, title is a very important part of an article. The key here is to learn writing catchy headlines for blog posts which can grab user’s eyes and get more clicks. Experts have been looking for headlines for a long time and you can get the most of their findings.
Here are some of the benefits of attractive title –
- Triggers sentiments of user (for example, surprise, joy, shock, fear, curiosity, greed, excitement etc.)
- Offers value and reward to the users
- Promotes content with target keywords
To trigger user’s emotions, copywriters usually use powerful words. They tell why they should read their article and what they will get by clicking on it. Last but not the least; a catchy title includes call to action which is often implied and subtle. There are some free headline analyzer tools that will help you create better titles for your blog posts.
Keyword research is a proven technique used by SEO experts and content creators. You can discover specific sentences and words that user types in Google and various search engines to find content they like. Beginners simply depend on their guesswork to create content. Well, this technique can be a hit or miss. If you use guesswork, most of your articles may not perform well in search engines. No one is behind the keywords that have been used already or there is too much competition for keywords.
Here are some of the proven benefits of proper keyword research –
- Discover great search terms people are searching for
- Learn from your competition and beat them with good content
- Find unique ideas to create content for popular search terms
- Create pillar articles to drive constant traffic to the blog
Now the main question is how you can start doing keyword research? Well, it is not that hard as you feel. There are plenty of paid and free tools for you to do keyword research. You just have to enter keyword, competitor’s website/blog link, or your own link to get more keyword ideas.
Create Valuable and Comprehensive Content
Quality content is something that most search engines and users look for. Quality content is basically a complete article on a certain topic which offers all the details for a blog. So, it is very helpful for the readers. These complete guides serve as pillar articles. These are also referred as cornerstone articles or flagship content, according to some experts.
These are basically most important articles for you. You have to choose the keyword which seems more promising and provide as much details as you get in a long article. Create as many pillar articles as you can to cover all the important aspects in your niche.
Here are the tips to consider creating pillar articles –
- Pillar article could be of any type. For example, tutorial, how-to guide, part of opinion, comparison article, a listing or others.
- The main thing which makes pillar articles stand out of others is that they are more comprehensive and have in-depth information on a specific topic.
- Pillar articles are not limited to time. They are always valuable and evergreen. However, it is better if you keep them updated by adding new information to stay ahead on search engines.
As discussed earlier, comprehensive and longer articles are loved by search engines which provide all the information needed. The problem is that we humans don’t pay much attention to anything which seems not to be useful or interesting. Even a small problem in understanding or reading will turn off the readers. They will leave without even getting all the useful information you want to provide.
To keep this from happening, make all your content readable. So, is it wise to write article in small sentences with plenty of visuals and a friendly tone. Here are some of the tips to improve readability of your content –
- Smaller paragraphs and sentences leave plenty of white space so it can be easier to read and look.
- Improve typography with large font size, more readable fonts and a lot of line spacing.
- Also check your content’s readability score. There are several SEO plugins come with built-in readability checkers.
- Also use a grammar checker tool like Grammarly which checks grammar and helps you improve your sentences.
- Use screenshots, images, infographics, videos and other visuals to make your article engaging and readable.